Click on the following link to learn about the history of Bushrangers and answer the following questions in full sentences in your workbook.
1. Why did people become bushrangers?
2. How long did the bushranging period last?
3. Who were bushrangers compared to? What does this mean.
4. Who did the bushrangers harass? Why?
5. Why did people become bushrangers in Tasmania?
6. Who was the first bushranger?
7. How did he survive and was he caught?
8. Who helped the bushrangers?
9. How did the police play a part in turning people into bushrangers?
10. Choose one of the bushrangers listed on this site Martin Cash, ‘Bold’ Jack Donohoe, Black Douglas or ‘Mad Dan’ Morgan and tell me
Who they were? What they did? Were they caught? Where they lived and any other useful information.
11. How did the Government bring bushranging under control and what were people allowed to do?